Tuesday 20 November 2007

Songs That Make You Tingle



Heard one this morning on my car radio. Terry Wogan’s opening record on his breakfast radio show was I’m a believer, by The Monkees. I could not help singing along and simulating playing the organ bit at the end of the lines. This morning my car dashboard suddenly became a Hammond Organ.

It brought back happy memories of watching the TV show with my brother. We had quite a few of the singles and no doubt if I asked him, my trivia minded brother could name the ‘b’ sides to each one. He is very sad!

3 comments:

Son of Django said...

'I'm not Your Stepping Stone' was the 'B' side to 'I'm a Believer'. The first record I ever bought. And I'm not so sad when you need answers to niggling trivia questions am I you cheeky sod.

music obsessive said...

Further to previous comment - my first single was 'Alternate Title' (as retold at some length in my book). Funny how the Monkees seem to be first purchases! I also admit to owning a Monkees Best Of which sits rather guiltily amongst other more serious (or should that be pretentious) works!

Jeff Hardcastle said...

The Monkees or those that recorded in their name, made great pop music of the day. Don't feel guilty about owning anything by them...except perhaps a plastic merchandise guitar.