Thursday 21 February 2008

Paint Your Wagon

Last night was the first band rehearsal I have attended for three weeks, it was good to get back. I am still struggling a bit with my sight reading and playing tenor saxophone which I find can be difficult with some of the fast passages. However, I do feel that I am improving each week and certainly the intensive playing last week has helped. Because of the squeaking I experienced I have bought a new BG leather ligature and am trying a slightly stronger reed (3).
A major part of our rehearsal last night was with a medley of tunes from Paint Your Wagon. It did not look too difficult on the score but a few people found it hard to play. I think it was the odd change of time signature. At one point it went from 2/4 to 3/2 and then split common time. We intend to play this the year with a view to get the audience to sing along to the most famous of songs from the show, Wandering Star.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was bo orn, under a wan dring star.... Don't think I will be able to get that low. Be good if your band linked with a local choir...
Pasha

Jeff Hardcastle said...

Thanks for your comments Pasha.

Have you got your own blog. I would be interested to read it.