Monday 3 December 2007

Theydon Bois Village Hall

Although the rehearsal did not go well on Wednesday, the concert on Saturday at Theydon Bois was a success. We had around 80 people in the audience and they seemed to enjoy the music very much. I had a few members of my family there which is nice and my eldest son got roped in to take the money at the front door. He has plans to be an accountant, so taking other peoples money is a pleasure for him. Just hope when he starts earning he does not forget his old dad.

Talking of money, my youngest cost me a bit. At the interval he asked for some money to buy a drink. I gave him a couple of quid and asked him to get me one. On his return I asked for the change only to be told that there wasn’t any. I said that surely that the drinks were not a pound each. ‘No, they just asked for a donation and I put the whole lot in’. Two orange drinks, £2. Should have sent the accountant!!!!

No comments: